The more I’ve studied the call for a nationwide truckers shutdown on October 11 -13, 2013, the more it’s become apparent that the issues raised have absolutely nothing to do with the issues facing truckers today. Instead, it is one persons attempt to spread the conspiracy theories and lunacy of Alex Jones and others of his ilk for whatever reason. 15 minutes of fame or simply to show their insipid stupidity.
As previously reported, the Facebook page seems to have been established by someone whose only connection to the trucking industry was promos she did for the Petro while being sponsored by Mack Trucks Inc. Zeeda Andrews or Zeeda Hutton freely admits on the FACEBOOK SHUTDOWN PAGE to being the force behind this irresponsible effort.
Under her photo, which is not very becoming, she wrote;
Hello Patriots! I have had a lot of you that would like to know who the admin’s are. My name is Zeeda Andrews aka Zeeda Hutton. I am a country singer from Knoxville Tennessee known to the truckers as Cowgirl. At one time back in the day I was sponsored by Mack Trucks Inc and Petro Truck Stops of America. I indorsed the fuel island while Mel Tillis indorsed the Restaurant The Iron Skillet.
I spent a lot of time on the road promoting my records and doing concerts at Petro Truck Stops. Many truckers know who I am, my last concert was at the Petro in Knoxville Tennessee by the split at Watts rd. I was doing my video which opened with the truckers in a convoy promoting my Flag song. The truckers are special hard working people that are true Patriots. I have traveled with them for years in the cradle with my sister that was my manager. I have wonder memories and would like to hear from you give me a shout out….God Bless America and America Bless God!!
We imagine she has spent a lot of time in the “cradle” with truckers. Anybody ever heard of her?
The issues she raises are sure to be close to truckers hearts.
- Impeach President Obama [For what? Being a black man in the White House? That’s good enough reason for some]
- Congressional Hearings on Benghazi [Been there, done that, but the results are not what the wingnuts want to hear]
- Congressional Hearings on Seal Team Six [What the hell did they do wrong?]
- Louis Lerner put in jail [They mean Lois Lerner who was at the center of the IRS scandal.]
- No Amnesty [ Another wingnut wet dream as there is no amnesty being proposed]
- Remove all Muslims in our government that do not uphold the Constitution [Obviously they mean our Christian President]
- Remove Eric Holder from office for crimes against the people and the Constitution. [ Er, yeah, right]
- Fuel Prices [Not much the President can do about fuel prices which are controlled by geo-political events and Republican speculators.
So, does anyone need further proof that this is about a loonytoon driven agenda using the American Trucker as a tool of fools?
Well, here it is, straight from the mind that brought you Infowars. Sent to me by a credible, mostly unimpeachable source, this appears to be Zeeda Andrews website. DEFENDING LIBERTY PROJECT contains all the Obama bashing conspiracy theories and wingnut thoughts from the ultra right wing tea baggers.
As the title to this article suggests, the October Truckers Strike is a sham. There is no other word to describe it.
OTHERS HOPE TO ENRICH THEMSELVES AT TRUCKERS EXPENSE
In the previous article we also mentioned an effort to solicit donations for fuel for “patriotic truckers” to get to Washington. A noble effort indeed if this was a valid job action, but the website DONATETRUCKFUEL also appears to be an effort by someone not remotely associated with the trucking industry to scam hard earned money from the pockets of America’s truckers.
The domain, DONATETRUCKFUEL was bought yesterday afternoon (9-19-2013) by an enterprising investor named Craig Rosenfeld of Nanuet, New York. Mr Rosenfeld also owns the doman tixx4u.com and his email address is associated with 595 other domains in the whois database.
People, use some common sense if you have any, and don’t send any money to this cause. You’ll not be helping your fellow trucker and will only be benefiting a person who saw an opportunity to fleece you of you hard earned cash.
You want to make changes in Washington? Do it at the ballot box. Utilize the comment period when FMCSA passes new regulations that will harm, not help the industry. And if you comment, use a little common sense. Comments such as besmirching the President, passing on wingnut conspiracy theories and such are simply ignored.[ad]
This post is part of the thread: Truckers to Shutdown America October 2013 – an ongoing story on this site. View the thread timeline for more context on this post.
- [Updated] Proposed Truckers Strike could destroy the already tarnished image of the American Trucker
- Trucker Anarchists release First Manifesto in attempt to “Shutdown America”.